Saturday, August 05, 2006

Trip to Isle Royale: Day 1

The first day of our journey was spent simply getting to the neighborhood of Isle Royale. The drive from Madison to Copper Harbor MI took about 8 hours. Between hours 3 and 7 of the drive, it rained. I'm going, 'oh oh....here's the first taste of what it's going to be like for a week!'. The last hour was dry & beautiful, and my hopes began to rise. The UP of MI is very beautiful. We passed places we'd like to visit like the Porcupine Mts, and Pictured Rocks, as we headed still further North to the tip of the Keewenau peninsula, Copper Harbor. We stayed the night at a little motel a block up from the ferry dock. Not the nicest place, but clean. Had dinner, watched a movie & slept. Along the way I realized that I'd left all paperwork including reservation confirmations and receipts at home on my desk chair. I hoped everyone would have record of our reservations and honor them...

No comments: